Taking on a challenge event for Macmillan is not only a brilliant way to raise vital funds for people affected by cancer, it’s also a fantastic opportunity to take on a large range of new and exciting challenges with your colleagues, service users, friends, and family. These events are known to build morale, they create friendly competition and having a team behind you always makes training and the event more fun.
Macmillan Cancer Support has created a huge variety of Challenge Events for you to try your hands at, and we have provided some more information below. However, firstly we would like to remind you of where your fundraising money goes.
In 2015 778,000 people were helped by Macmillan Healthcare Professionals, 284,404 people benefited from Cancer Information and Support Services, 62,471 people accessed the Macmillan Support line, and £280 million in benefits and grants were secured for people affected by cancer, helping over 127,000 people. All of these factors and more are supported by the funds you raise!
Don’t forget there is a Move More 50% OFF Discount Code!
- Run Regents Park – 11th June
- Sign up to run a 5k, 10k, or kids mini run in one of London’s landmark parks!
- London to Amsterdam – 14th – 16th July
- A European Classic Cycling Challenge! 250k from London to the cycling bike of the world. Canals, cobbled streets and beautiful architecture!
- Ride London – 30th July
- Cycle 100 miles from London to Surrey, passing many of London’s iconic landmarks on the way!
- Snowdon Moonlight Challenge – 5th August
- The ultimate team away day with qualified mountain leaders, and loads of food & drink!
- Great North Run – 10th September
- Join 50,000 other runners from the centre of Newcastle to the stunning coastline of South Shields for this half marathon!
- Mighty Hikes – June, July and September
- Marathon Distance Might Hikes in 8 UK destinations: Loch Lomond, South Coast, Lake District, Hadrian’s Wall, Jurassic Coast, Cotswold Way, Thames Path, Peak District.
- Take on a Triathlon – June, July, September
- Cholmondeley Castle Triathlon Cheshire, Festival of Endurance at Hever Castle Kent, Castle Howard Triathlon York, Hever Castle Triathlon Kent, OR go international in Ireland, Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon, and France, the Château de Chantilly Triathlon.
- All Out Swim – TBC
- 2k and 5k swim series in Letchworth outdoor pool, Pelles Pool in Lewes, Sanford Parks Lido in Cheltenham, Brockwell Lido in London, and Guildford Lido